5.14.2014

The Spirit Weavers







Couple of months ago I was asked by my amazing star sister, Amy Woodruff aka Daughter of the Sun to prepare an image for a beautiful event, the  Spirit Weavers Gathering which she is a founder of. The gathering will connect many beautiful souls who came here to weave these threads made of light, connecting all of us, so we can all live truly from the heart... It will take place next week on magical land in Joshua Tree, California.
 Preparing that image had been an honor and a great adventure for me to explore a technique used by the amazing Huichol people of Mexico- painting with threads, yet another way of trespassing the rigid rules of linear time, mastering patience and being completely in the here and now.
It's been a beautiful time for me to devote many winter evenings to creation of this piece, with which I want to send my love and bless each person that next week will be weaving magic with Amy and all the wonderful teachers, the Desert, the Sun and the Moon.

model, basking in the first February Sun- Marzena Gebala


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous14/5/14 17:07

    Wow- In this digital age, it becomes increasingly easy to dismiss a gorgeous image as a quick digital collage-I am blown away to learn that you made this image in such a loving and painstaking way! Much love and respect sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)
      I know that the hand work is often the invisible work... Probably seeing only the final image I myself would have never noticed how detailed it all was... I´m really glad you have enjoyed it, I just connected the little threads and realized that I've been admiring all your magical creations and your spirit for a long time, much love to you and thank you for sharing all the beauty and light that resides within you!

      Delete
  2. Karolina~ I am so grateful to have woven this magic with you! I am also so happy that you are sharing all of the work that went into it. Its just like you…. so humble and gentle yet so powerful and bright! I am honored to call you my friend. Thank you for your endless inspiration and connection to source. You will be with us in spirit Karolina! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Amy, thank you again so much for making it all manifest, so much love was pouring from the Universe with each little image coming to life... you 're the real magic!
      I´m forever greatly inspired by you and will be connecting from the heart with all the beautiful Spirit Weavers, sending all the love and the most magical light of Icelandic bright nights! I'm eternally grateful for you making dreams of so many come true. Love you so much!

      Delete
  3. Kindness is bridge that connecting all beautiful souls. bellofpeace//gede prama

    ReplyDelete